For producers of industrial hemp, the process to become certified organic is no different from a non-hemp operation being certified:
- Organic processes are adopted and implemented, a USDA-accredited certifying agent is selected, and an application/fees are submitted.
- Certifying agent reviews application and practices to verify compliance.
- On-site inspection of the operation is conducted.
- Certifying agent reviews the application and inspection reports to determine compliance.
- Organic certificate is issued.
Following the initial certification, annual reviews and inspections are also required.
For more information on getting your industrial hemp operation certified as USDA Organic or to receive a free quote, contact us at: (248) 519-2523 for a Project Manager in your area!