New From PJRFSI – Virtual Audits
How do Virtual Audits work?
Much like an onsite audit, a PJRFSI virtual audit allows one of our experienced auditors to engage with you and your team via the selected technology. Document review and employee interviews can be easily facilitated, as well as facility tours and presentation of findings. PJRFSI will work with you to identify which hardware and software elements will be most compatible with your organization and its specific audit plan.
“We found the virtual assessment program from PJRFSI went really well. They were able to get a good look remotely at what we do and I felt like our auditor Lauren was in the room with us the whole time. It ended up being a huge positive for us because we were able to stay on track for our GMP and Good Agricultural Practices goals. Even though it was remote, everything was reviewed and we felt like we had a quality audit process. I would recommend this approach to other folks in the Cannabis and Hemp space until travel opportunities open up.”
Director of Cultivation – MedPharm Technologies, Colorado
What are the Advantages?
- Flexibility – rather than waiting for flights and hotel availability to line up, auditors can virtually visit your facility at practically any time from anywhere.
- Reduced Expense – airfare, hotel costs, car rental, daily stipends; all of these are eliminated when utilizing virtual audits.
- Eco-Friendly – reduce the carbon footprint associated with your certification due to elimination of travel.
What is the Virtual Audit Process?
- Your scheduler will gather information to determine whether your audit qualifies to be conducted virtually. (Please note that not all audit types may qualify – eligibility is determined on a case-by-case basis. GFSI benchmarked schemes are not currently allowing virtual audits.)
- Eligible audits will be scheduled virtually via secure software and an audit plan will be developed.
- The audit, including opening and closing meetings, will be conducted virtually using the chosen software.