BRC Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials – Issue 6
What does it cover?
In general this standard covers the requirements of packaging through a risk-based approach. There may be some variation to the level of hygiene applied to “food contact materials.”
New to Issue 6:
- Emphasis on product quality.
- Product safety and quality culture.
- Corrective and preventative action: fundamental clause.
- Pellet, flake, and powder control in the plastic industry.
BRC Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials – Issue 5
The latest issue of this BRC Global Standard focuses on:
- a move from ‘good practice’ to ‘best practice’.
- the quality management systems process in printed packaging controls.
- continuing to ensure consistency of the audit process.
- providing a Standard that meets retailers’ and brand owners’ needs to reduce the audit burden.
- better recognition of the diversity of the packaging industry and its customers’ demands.
- encouraging greater transparency and traceability in the supply chain.
- encouraging adoption of the Standard as a means of improving product safety at small sites and facilities where processes are still in development.