Narrowing the Choice to SQF
- Accessibility: Of all the GFSI benchmarked food safety standards, SQF is the only program based in the United States.
- An easy fit: The SQF Food Safety and Quality Management System is risk-based rather than prescriptive and can be applied to all suppliers, small and large, and all product risk levels. Unique to SQF, a quality component is incorporated at the highest level of certification.
- Value-added options: SQF offers additional guidance for particular food sector categories as well as innovative optional modules for responsible social and environmental practices – increasingly in demand by consumers as food supply chains go global.
- Trust and consistency: SQF registered auditors and certification bodies undergo a rigorous qualification process and must utilize SQF standardized procedures and reporting formats. Consistency and quality of audits foster confidence for you and your buyers.
- Convenient communication: By way of the SQF online database, you may give your buyers password-protected permission to access four different levels of information about your certification status.
- Time and money savings: The continuous improvement and food safety management principles of SQF can improve efficiency and reduce product loss and waste. Widespread retailer acceptance can lead to a reduction in costly and inconsistent or redundant audits.
- Protection: Implementing the SQF standard and achieving certification helps protect your consumers, your brands, and your business.
- Business growth potential: Certification to a GFSI internationally recognized standard allows greater market access to retailers and buyers domestically and globally, provides a competitive advantage over non-certified competitors, and enhances public image.