Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) Preventive Controls for Animal Food
Duration: 3 Days
The Food Safety Preventive Control Alliance (FSPCA) provides training programs through its approved trainers to assist the food industry to achieve compliance with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Hazard Analysis and Risk Based Preventive Controls for Animal Food regulation (now referred to as Preventive Controls for Animal Food regulation). The course developed by FSPCA is the ‘standardized curriculum’ recognized by FDA. Successful completion of this course is one way of meeting the requirements for a “preventive controls qualified individual”.
The Preventive Controls for Animal Food rule is intended to ensure safe manufacturing, processing, packing and holding of animal food products in the United States. This course is the standardized curriculum recognized by FDA and was designed by regulatory, academic, and industry professionals as part of the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance.
- The course will help participants meet the training requirements for a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual.
- Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to distinguish between Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), other prerequisite programs, and preventive controls and understand how they fit into the regulatory framework so that hazards are adequately controlled.
- The course will also help participants understand the hazard analysis process and how to use available resources to conduct a thorough analysis. The course’s final outcome is to learn concepts needed to build a food safety plan.
- Potential Preventive Control “Qualified Individual”
- Facilities that manufacture, process, pack or hold animal food (21 CFR Part 507)
- Personnel responsible for the implementation of FSMA
- Third party auditors
- Regulatory Overview and Introduction to the Rule
- Current Good Manufacturing Practice
- Animal Food Safety Hazards
- Overview of the Food Safety Plan
- Hazard Analysis and Preventive Controls Determination
- Required Preventive Control Management Components
- Process Preventive Controls
- Sanitation Controls
- Supply-Chain-Applied Controls
- Recall Plan
- A certificate of completion issued by the International Food Protection Training Institute (IFPTI) of FSPCA
- A written test will be administrated at the end of the training
*If less than 4 people register for a given date, the course will be rescheduled and you will be notidied prior to the class.